Friday, November 16, 2007

A Shortcut Pizza


I really like to serve this - as everytime I do the kids and their friends will ooh and ahh over the pizzas. It doesnt work as well with the adults - maybe they have more discerning taste! muah-ha-ha..

Anyway, I bought ready made pizza base - thanks to helpful friends - and that made the cooking much easier. I only prepare the sauce and whatever topping the kids like - usually hawaiian. But I love fresh button mushroom and capsicum and jalapeno alike chilis on my pizza. And sometimes olives too.

Anyway, I've got questions from friends on how to make the pizza - so this is how I make mine. If you have a nicer recipe, tell me ok?

I dont have measurements; everything would be according to taste--

Fresh tomatoes
Onion; chopped
Garlic; chopped
Pizza seasoning herbs (or you can use plain dried oregano instead)
Tomato paste / puree
Salt and pepper
Olive oil

1. Boil water and put whole tomatoes in. Drain after about 2 minutes. Cool. Pull off tomato skin and throw away the core (this will make your sauce smooth)
2. Heat olive oil in wok. Add onion & garlic; cook till brown.
3. Add boiled tomatoes and all the other ingredients. Add water also.
4. Cook till fresh tomatoes disintegrates / breaks apart. You can mash / press them whilst cooking. Some people blend the tomatoes. You can if you like but I prefer the sauce to have some bits and pieces of tomatoes in it. (This could take 30 mins or longer if you have a big amount)
5. Taste.
6. Cool a bit and then you can put it on your pizza base.
.
For chicken topping I cut chicken breast to small pieces then brown them together with chopped onion and garlic too if you like. Put salt, pepper and some oregano.
.
Get your spices from your baking supply store (McCormicks / Master Foods prices are outrageous!) Use mozarella cheese or Perfect Italiano's (or any brand) ready for Pizza cheese. Some people mix cheddar with mozarella - up to you. The generic (non-branded) cheese arent as nice (they dont melt as nice / have that gooey texture) as the branded ie more expensive ones.
.
Parmesan cheese tastes great on your pizza; with paprika too. But lately I replace paprika with chili powder that's a bit coarse. You can lightly toast the chili powder in the oven for a short spin and then store that in the fridge ready to be used. Enjoy trying.

Going..

Gone!

ps - This has got no relevance to making pizza, but I hate tomato ketchup or chilli sauce on my pizza and I dont get people who eat pizza with fork and spoon..

*****

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi azah, nice pic of pizza..yummylicious!!!Went to Carrefour this afternoon, looking for fresh thymes for dinner tonite (fettuccini and blackpepper beef). Surprisingly that fresh thymes are notimported, its of Genting Highlands originality..baguzzzz..baguzzzz

Unknown said...

additional info: in case you dont know yet; http://www.bagus.com.my/
for baking ingredients and kitchen utensils..many outlets in Klang Valley.

Azah Yahya said...

Thanks Ain. So will you share your fettuccini with blackpepper recipe?