Friday, November 2, 2007

My Hero

He's Jamie Oliver; my fave chef.

If you are looking for a miss-or-mister-proper-cook where items are meticulously measured and arranged in small bowls on the work range, please look elsewhere as he doesnt do that - he dumps things into the pan, mixes his salads with his fingers, and breaks up breads into small pieces without the knife...

I like his style of cooking - no fuss and straight to the point. Quick. A bit homey-style (instead of posh-like, like Nigella). I watch all his programmes and their repeats too.. (everyone at home knows to steer away from the tv when Jamie comes on).
I also think he's inspiring; well, at least he inspires me to try more new dishes instead of my usual sambal and kari and masak lemak etc etc.
Catch more of his stories here : http://www.jamieoliver.com/
*****

No comments: