Monday, February 11, 2008

My Baked Chicken

Long ago I cant survive baking / barbequing without my fave barbeque sauce ie Kraft's or Hunt's. I mean, how would I marinate my chicken?

Then one day we had a bbq get-together with some friends. I learnt that instead of spending big bucks on the sauce I can make it myself. You simply mix your oyster sauce, soy sauce, tomato ketchup, ground black pepper and some dried oregano. You can add some steak sauce if you have it - or even your black pepper sauce - if not, no worries.

If you like you can also add some honey for a bit of sweetness. Or add chilli flakes if you prefer it spicy. I like to add grated lemon rind and even some lemon juice to have that extra tangy taste. Rosemary and thyme are great choices for the sauce too.
.
Basically you can let your imagination rule the day..
.
I baked these chicken when the boys were home last CNY break. And a couple of days after that we bbq-ed (more) chicken, meat, shrimps, cockles and clams. We had that with baked potatoes and coleslaw. What can I say but yumm..?
.
ps - previously I baked the chicken on my baking sheet; but the other day I went to Ikea (my fave store) and saw this baking pan with the wire rack (pic). No kidding, the chicken is nicer with the new pan. I think heat circulates better..
*****

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hi azah..bukan main lg roasted chicken nya..just out of curiosity..coz my sis in law had once organized a BBQ party, and we found out that HUNT'S sauce contain pork. Just check the ingredients. So we switched to HEINZ. Just FYI.

Azah Yahya said...

Hi Ain - long time no see.. I agree - I bought a bbq sauce once (tak ingat brand apa) - nasib baik sebelum masak I recheck the ingredients and ada wine. I gave it away to a Chinese friend..