Friday, February 29, 2008

The Best Choc Chip Ever! (At least That's What I Think)


When the children were small, a friend of mine called them cookie monsters (like in Sesame Street). & they truly adored chocolate chip cookies.

All their lives I've been making these cookies, throwing out recipes one after another once I found a recipe that tastes better than the previous I have tried. And I've tried many, believe me. These days I dont try them as much - the children are so blasé about choc chips anyway (except for Amos' or those great ones by Peppridge Farm if I am not mistaken..)

So if you love choc chip cookies, try this recipe:

250g butter, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2/3c (130g) firmly packed brown sugar
2/3c (150g) castor sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
2 1/2c (375g) plain flour
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
1/2c (60g) chopped walnuts, toasted (if you like)
2 cups chocolate chip cookies

1. Beat butter, essence, sugars & eggs until smooth.
2. Stir in dry ingredients and mix.
3. Stir in nuts and choc chips and mix well.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto baking sheet.
5. Bake about 10 - 12 mins in a preheated oven (180degrees C)

Enjoy!!
*****