Friday, January 4, 2008

My Mum's Acar Limau

There are things that I dont fancy except when cooked by my mum especially dodol, wajik and acar limau. Who else cooks better than mum, right? Considering that my mum doesnt cook much anymore, I suppose I will not be eating these food anymore..

Anyway, I was at my niece's Mas engagement do last weekend when my sis-in-law asked me how to make mum's acar limau. I said I havent tried it although I do have the instructions. Apparently she had asked my mum about it and mum said, tanya Azah - dia dah pernah buat. Now, when mum said something like that, it means dia dah cerita habis dah lah resipi tu and she is not going to repeat the same thing to anyone else..

Uh-oh, that put me into a panic mode. Once I got home I searched for the recipe I had written which was narrated by my mum (she has it memorised so I cant copy it from anywhere..) I cant remember where I put it (cant remember when I asked mum about it either!) I said a long prayer when I found it..

So last weekend I tried to make the acar limau and my cheerleaders at home told me they like the acar. I suppose I need more impartial tasters and put the acar under more stringent tests. I should send samples to my sisters.
.
So maybe my mum's acar limau tradition will continue on after all.

These are the basic ingredients..


.. and the ready made mum's acar limau .. personally I thought it was yummy too.

*****

No comments: