Friday, December 7, 2007

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary And Thyme Part II aka Beef Stew


I've been very busy for some time and the last few days, busy doing nothing. Maybe I've reached the plateau after doing a lot of things..

Anyway, I made the beef stew like I had planned. It turned out ok. I served it with some warmed roti Arab I got at the pasar tani. Eirfan and his father loved it but the others kata a bit creamy and they cant take a lot of it.

I dont know what the original recipe should taste like because I had omitted the red wine (obviously) and parsnips. But I think with a bit of cili api the stew would be a bit more like a local dish. Personally I think it is quite good. Maybe I will make it again with the chilies.
.
I got the recipe from Jamie's website (of course) and he calls it Jool's Favorite Beef Stew. Here's the recipe should you be interested.. Oh, the photo's from his site too.
*****

No comments: